Healthy Fat? How can fats be healthy?

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I added healthy fats to my diet. Oh, did you think they were all bad? Think again, girl! You are a woman and your womanly body thrives on fats. I am going to make the best of them available to you.

My first healthy fat that I started with was butter. I began to use it instead of a processed substitute. Now I am onto raw butter.
It took some time to aclimated to the taste change of this new healthy fat. I tried butter on my toast. Gag! I couldn't eat it. I kept on trying. Now it's fine tasting to me. You will get used to something new if only you continue to introduce it to your taste buds regularly- but don't do it more often than once every 4 to 7 days as you may developed an allergic response. [more on that else where, in a bit]
Moving onto ghee now... It's my newest fabulous fat taste bud challenge. Ghee is just clarified butter. One easy benefit of switching to ghee is that is doesn't require refrigeration. When you travel, and you will travel, you'll need to bring your own food sources. This ghee is good. [purity farms ghee]

Coconut Oil - a very healthy fat:
Coconut Oil - a very healthy fat

When I was introduced to coconut fat I didn't know what to do with it. But "Wow!" What a difference coconut fat makes for digestion.
Instead of vegetable oils for cooking I began using coconut fat. It was easy an easy change and what a delightful difference! Where was coconut oil back in the days when I was gagging on butter? Coconut fat can tolerate cooking in high heat.
I use coconut fat along with raw butter [now that I am used to it] in soups, on fish, and in the occasional smoothie.
You are going to love how your skin feels when you are consuming healthy fats. The best coconut oil I have tasted is from Omega Nutrition. It is a truly mild tasting coconut fat. [ link for purchase]

Here's a Coconut Fat recipe for you-

The recipe I worked from came to me through "Mom" as she is known to me. This is my adaptation of her delicious coconut balls- "Mom's Coconut Balls"
This recipe is changed enough to be called "Gohealthgirl's Coconut Logs" ;-) I think they look like almond roca with one fabulous exception (dun tah da!) they are good for you, girl! So onto using Coconut oil and making it taste good...
There is a few days of 'pre'paration, nothing difficult, just use your thinker- it won't take more than 2 mintues of your precious time.
1 cup organic almonds, germinated [what that means is ...] soak in a tightly lidded canning jar nearly filled with filtered water and place in a dark cupboard for 12 hours (or so), then drain and rinse, cover with a lid with holes and place over night in a dark cupboard to sprout, then rinse again and place in the frig until you are ready to do this thing! Dry them before you do this: grind in a food processor and proceed with this recipe:
I use a coffee bean grinder for my regular grinding of [flax] seeds. No coffee beans ever go in this grinder. Just seeds:
1 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds, grind- seeds in general go rancid quickly 1 cup organic flax seeds, grind- I store all my seeds in the freezer so they stay fresh
1 and a half cups organic raw sunflower seeds, grind- use all these ground seeds right away or freeze them
1 and a half cups 'craisins' -I use apple juice sweetened dried cranberries & wish they were organically grown! Process in a food processor.
I mix all the seeds with the almonds then add the 'craisins.'
Now it's time to pour [run it under hot water and it will melt] 4 cups [32 oz] Omega Nutrition Coconut Oil into the mix. I processed it in the food processor, you could stir it at this point. The coconut fat mixture will firm up as it cools.
I put it in the frig then dealt with it the next day. When it is firm enough to handle roll about a tablespoon of it into a log [like almond roca] or roll it into balls if you fancy that shape. It seems that one could line a jelly roll pan and pour it all into that right after the mix and then rest it in the frig and then cut it.
Oh, the coconut! I used nearly 3 cups of unsweetened unsulfered dried shredded coconut to roll those logs and balls in. I put in a teaspoon of Stevia PLUS mixed into each 1 cup batch of shredded coconut. Yes, I take it all in steps over many days.
Keep these refrigerated and send an ice pack/frozen blue gel thingy with them in lunch boxes or on picnics. Coconut oil is liquid at room tempuratures.
Drink water with these delights. They are packed with some of the most highly absorbable proteins and fats. Cravings will cease. Nutrient uptake will increase. You have just assembled something fabulous for your taste buds to enjoy. Congratulations!
I would like to send my friends these yummy coconut logs in cute little chinese takeout containers that have those red hearts on them -as a valentine gift/treat.

Healthy fat, girlfriend. Eat the healthy fats!

Another thing I like to to do is to mix this fermented coconut fat [a.k.a. -coconut oil] with fresh ground flax seeds (another source of very healthy fat, if you grind it fresh- don't eat flax meal that has been cooked or stored out of refrigeration) and a nut butter, some raw butter, nutmeg and cinnamon, add a touch of Stevia PLUS...ahh delightful!
It didn't take long before the benefits of coconut fat use showed up in my skin; I glow. I feel better. My thyroid disturbances aren't so traumatic when I get enough coconut fat and raw butter into me. Not having food cravings all day and improved digestion is another great reason I eat these fats. Here is something to truly improve your health now. Ingest this: (some) Cod liver oil, (some) ghee and (some) zinc. I take a tablespoon each of those fats and 30 mg of zinc gluconate if I haven't had any seaweed.
Here is what that does: Re-enamalizes the teeth. Now that's some healthy fat!
How's that for healthcare? AND dental insurance!
Those three together do more than that. I just don't recall at the moment. I eat my cod in kefir and I eat a seaweed soup.
I know, I know. Now you want my recipe for seaweed soup. The one that isn't a challenge. I'll go search for it- just as soon as....
A link? To where? Who has the low down on this?
Who said fats weren't healthy? You know better now, girl. And now you can eat healthy fats for yourself and enjoy the benefits of your wise choices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Super Diet News © 2016 | Designed by Abbasi news, in collaboration with abbasinews, abbasinews 3 and abbasinews