Kefir is yummy. Especially when it's made with your own grains.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Make delicious home cultured Kefir. It's so simple and so very healing.

I start with good raw milk and real grains. They trive in goat milk. And it is very healing and tasty. I use organically produced goat milk. Actually, these goats are the producers kids. [get it? KIDS! haha] He really babies them.
Crisp, slightly tart and best of all -super easy to make. Make your own cultured kefir in a day. It only takes about 24 hours to do its thing (to culture. It may take a bit longer if it is really cold in your home. You could put it in a cupboard with your kombucha and they could become friends!
You haven't found those curds yet have you. [see me after class] I understand. I looked for months before a friend found them on eBay. It cost him $50 to get them flown to the states. Now they are all over the place.
Don't get taken into buying starter packets that give you but a few to six uses- they actually cost more. Can you believe that? Get the real thing.
Kefir is yummy.  Especially when it's made with your own grains

Here's what I use to make yummy kefir:

the curds
fresh raw milk, prefereably from a goat
a glass jar
and a cover- not an actual sealing lid as pressure would build- a coffee filter would do just fine. It's just to keep the bugs and dust out.

It's so simple:

I start with a tablespoon of those grains in a jar and about 5 times as much milk,cover it and put it in a dark cupboard and just 24 hours later I have this crisp flavoured, yummy, creamy stuff to pour off into a sealable jar. Catch the curds/grains with a bamboo strainer [the kind used for tea making] Cover and refrigerate.
Then start another batch in that same jar. It's fine, you don't have to wash it every time. With all that good culture going on in there, pour your curds back in and about as much milk as you did the first time if it turned out alright. Cover, hide it, wait and presto, there you have more. Yumm!
I like to enjoy mine with a handful of blueberries and about a tablespoon of Carson's Lemon Flavoured Cod Liver Oil. I also like to put a couple of Stevia PLUS packets in it to sweeten. Kefir pulls the heavy metals out of your body, blueberries provide anti-oxidents, Stevia PLUS adds something known as FOS which provides fiber [you need it girl] cod strengthens your bones, teeth, your brain, your gut- blah,blah,blah, it's just an all-around good for you food or I wouldn't have put it up here.
This is yet another food that heals so well you will notice the difference.
That's all I've got.
What?!? You Don't Have Kefir Curds? Well, get in touch with me. I can fix that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Super Diet News © 2016 | Designed by Abbasi news, in collaboration with abbasinews, abbasinews 3 and abbasinews